My Feeble Attempts at Fictions.
Tuesday 15 November, 2011

Bangles #Day15

Red, green, yellow, orange, pink and many other. These are the colors every Indian woman feels connected with. Ever since early childhood until death. 
Rings made of glass. These rings symbolize happiness, prosperity and blessings. They adorn wrists of women. Girls my age get so excited on the sight of them. 
My hands are weary. I don't even know if I ever will be able to wear them.
To me, they earn me bread of the day. To me, they are the source of feeding my little siblings.

3 Wisecracks (Comment here):

Punkster said...

A good writer looks through a cliche perspective. What you just did here. Well done.

Richa said...

haha. shukriya.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful :), My sister has one of the largest collections of bangles I have ever seen, even my niece is addicted to it now, and she is just 4 years old :)